Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 
Ad clusters to change the way we view TV

Have you guys been paying attention to the new trend in TV commercials? The first time I saw an ad cluster, I thought maybe the local TV station just decided arbitrarily to run ads from the same company back-to-back. Turns out, according to the WSJ, that it's a new strategy by advertising companies to engage viewers. Apparently, clustering ads - running 3-4 back-to-back will get - and keep - our attention longer and we won't be able to pull ourselves away. We'll start actually looking forward to the next cluster because most clusters will become vignettes, or even mini-soap operas. So far, I've seen a few of these, but if they came during a show I Tivo'd, I skip right past them. Are they getting your attention?
Comments:
I've noticed them... and I find them really annoying. I didn't want to see the ads the first time, and I'm definitely not interested in seeing them for the third time.

Of course, that may be just me...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?