Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

What does your iPod say about you?

On a road trip a few weeks ago, one of my friends (the one that doesn't own an iPod) asked the others if would we rather live without our iPod or our digital camera. I was stumped-I almost always have both on me at all times. The camera captures all the moments visually, but the iPod is the sountrack to those moments. Then somone gave the best 21st century answer: "Luckily, I don't live in a world where I have to make that decision." I found this survey on one of my favorite blogs, the eccentric southern gentleman, and thought it might give a glimpse into some office personalities. I think the music a person listens to can say a lot about their personality. Although, I admit, I'm a bit embarressed that "Don't Stop Believing" is my number one played song-apparently my personality is a little bit cheesy. What does your iPod say about you?

How many songs: 679

Sort by song
First Song: #41-Dave Matthews Band
Last Song: Zero (Smashing Pumpkins)

Sort by time:
Shortest Song: Not Fade Away (1:49) Rolling Stones
Longest Song: Shine on you crazy diamond (17:32) Pink Floyd

Sort by artist:
First Artist: 50 Cent
Last Artist: Wide Spread Panic

Sort by album:
First Album: #1s -Beyonce
Last Album: You're Beautiful- James Blunt

Top Three Most Played Songs:
1. “Don't Stop Believing” - Journey (32 times)
2. Tie “Vienna” - Billy Joel & “Hurt” - Johnny Cash (28 times)
3. Ain't no Sunshine when she's gone (27 times)

First song that comes up on Shuffle:“Proudest Monkey" Dave Matthews Band

Search ….

“death”, how many songs come up? 1
“love”, how many songs come up? 42
“you”, how many songs come up? 74
"me", how many songs come up? 137
Comments:
I agree that the answer to "What's on your iPod?" can certainly tell you a lot. I call mine the Jones version. I have George Jones, Norah Jones, Tom Jones and even Davy Jones (just kidding on that last one). Anyway, my music is so ecclectic, it surprises even me sometimes!

BTW, did you hear that some teenager won the iTunes contest this morning? He downloaded the one BILLIONTH song! In return, he got 10 60 gig iPods to give away, $10k in iTunes downloads and a new iMac. Not bad for a few clicks, huh! I'm so jealous!

One more thing... I think "What's on your iPod?" would be a great interview question when someone is interviewing for a job, especially in a creative business like ours.
 
#41 is the first song on my iPod. However, I'm about to throw the thing out the car window. The short battery life is driving me nuts.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?